Saturday, March 1, 2014

Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara

Time to see some animals!


I didn’t know what to expect when setting out on the safari (how close could we get, how many animals would we see, etc.) and didn’t spend much time looking it up since I was focusing mainly on Kili. We were pretty lucky!  Check out the video at the end. Here are some snapshots of our safari week:

School on the way to Arusha airport...I don't think they have electricity in the classrooms.
Our plane
Just chillin' 
Vulture

Some Pumbas 
Just driving around, looking for animals...I wonder if they think we're weird.


Our tent 
It's so hot, I wish I could take a dip! Perhaps not in the hippo pool though.
Guess which animal?

Newsflash: Tourist has car accident in top right. 





Okay, even though we're in a tent, we're not exactly camping. 
Nightly campfire


Bow and arrow ready in case an animal decides to join us. 





Wildebeest


Video: for adult audiences only


Not tonight honey; look at the size of that thing!



No comments:

Post a Comment