Thursday, February 5, 2015

California coast - part 2

Like I said, it would not be that hard to live here; it's like Vancouver, only no rain! I suppose that's also known as a drought.
We loved Pacific Grove! Lots of houses with character (ahem, old, but nice).  
For example
The main part of town, complete with a super cute movie theatre that still does half-price Tuesdays ($5!). Of course, they did not have any working toilets that Tuesday night, which sent panic to the masses and caused people to seek out cafes and restaurants to go before the show, causing toilets everywhere in the town to back up! Perhaps I'm slightly overdramatizing the situation but it was concerning. All I know is that I had to eat a lot of salty popcorn to cope.



This hike in Carmel Valley reminded me of the hills in Italy.
Our airbnb accommodation... supposedly John Steinbeck's house at one point. I hope you know who he is because we didn't (at first, although we did recognize the names of the books he wrote). 

Are you sure there will be a good view at the top of this hill Mikie? I am not sure I can climb anymore. 

Actually, there was and not a bad place to have a tennis court either!
We took lots of individual photos since we haven't given in to the selfie stick craze yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment